One of the most interesting RC vehicles is the RC submarine. Even better is an RC submarine with camera.
The RC submarine can dive and explore just like the real thing.
Different RC submarines have a number of different features.
One option is the RC submarine with camera. As you might guess, these submarines have cameras that capture their underwater adventures.
As RC submarines with cameras go, there’s a huge variety of products on the market.
Some are made for professionals, while others are toys optimized for children.
Some are made for fishermen, while others might be best for oceanographers.
The type of submarine that’s best for you will vary depending on your needs, of course.
If you’re planning to give the submarine as a gift to a child, you should make sure it’s rated for use by children.
If you want to have the point of view of the submarine itself as it explores, you’ll want something that streams in real time.
Also, you should also take into account the depths you want to dive, the control distance, and your overall goals.
One of the biggest things to consider is the camera quality.
Some cameras can take videos in full 4K HD and capture photographs in multiple megapixels.
Other cameras are more affordable, but they might not have the same HD capabilities.
The type of camera you want will vary depending on how serious you are about your photos.
This post, it’s photos and table include links to products on other websites. If you purchase something through these links we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
RC SUBMARINE WITH CAMERA
HOW IT LOOKS
OUR OVERALL RATING
|Silverlit Spy Cam Aqua RC Submarine with Camera|
|Sub-Mariner RC Sub with Camera by Sea Peep|
|ThorRobotics Submarine Camera Drone Mini Mariana RC Submarine with Camera|
|Power Vision PowerRay Remote Control Submarine with Camera Kit|
|ROBOSEA BIKI Submarine Camera Drone|
This remote control submarine with camera makes our list for the best RC submarine with camera thanks to its affordability.
It’s among the many spy cam kids toys that make a great kids gift for birthdays or the holiday season.
As remote submarine with camera options go, this is the most affordable one you’ll find.
One aspect of this micro RC submarine is that it uses 3 channels instead of a toys 4ch or 6ch mini submarine setup.
This means that it doesn’t have as much maneuverability as some other radio controlled submarine with camera options.
However, it still makes a delightful gift for kids and adults alike.
The submarine has 2 LED spotlights on the front, making it a great RC submarine with camera and light.
You can use the spotlights to cut through murky water, so you always know where the submarine is.
It also helps illuminate your surroundings so you can take better photos and videos.
The boat submarine requires 8 AA batteries, which unfortunately aren’t included with the package.
The camera can take photos in 1280 x 960 pixels, with a video quality of 640 x 480 AVI.
However, it should be noted that there’s a relatively small camera memory of just 256 Mb.
It’s easy to transfer your photos and videos to your computer through a USB cable, but you won’t be able to take many shots in one session because of the meagre memory.
This mini RC submarine includes a handy feeder arm.
That means you can use the RC submarine with camera and light capabilities to attract unsuspecting fish and take amazing photos of them.
All you have to do is fill the feeder with fish food beforehand.
- Most affordable option on the list
- Great gift for kids and hobbyists
- Includes a feeder arm to attract fish
- Camera can take HD photos and relatively high quality video
- 2 LED spotlights illuminate murky water
- All standard functions are included
- Photos and video can easily be transferred using a USB cable
- Doesn’t include the 8 AA batteries needed for operation
- Doesn’t have a rechargeable battery
- Relatively small camera memory
- Uses only 3 channels, so it doesn’t have huge maneuverability
- Doesn’t stream photos or video in real time
“Cheapest Toy Submarine with Camera”
This RC submarine with camera is a great option for a submarine remote control that can be used in swimming pools.
It looks quite similar to a real submarine, but it will help you get the images you need for sure.
The 2 LED spotlights on the front make this a great RC submarine with camera and light, so you can see what’s ahead.
A good thing is the package comes with an instruction manual in English.
With the feeder attachment, you can attract fish in your fish tank. All you have to do is fill it with feed.
The camera can capture up to 256 MB of photos and videos, which may not be that much to boast of.
Also, it takes photos in JPEG at 1280 x 960 pixels.
When you purchase this submarine, you can also get it with gift wrap and a personalized message, making it an excellent option for a gift.
It requires 6 AA batteries, which are not included with the package.
- An affordable option that’s great for hobbyists, kids, and casual users
- Comes with an English instruction manual that helps with setup
- Options for gift wrapping and personalized messages
- Feeder arm lets you attract fish for up-close photography
- 2 LED lights make this RC submarine with camera and light easy to see
- Camera captures in 1280 x 960 pixels
- Captures video in AVI format
- Has mostly the same features as the previous entry, but at a slightly higher price
- Doesn’t include the batteries necessary to run the submarine
- Doesn’t come with a rechargeable battery
- No support for live streaming or FPV experiences
- Camera has relatively small built-in memory
“ RC Submarine with Feeder Arm Attached”
This submarine camera drone is of higher quality than the subs listed before, so it’s also a higher priced remote control submarine with camera.
One of the ideal aspects of this RC submarine with camera and light is that it comes ready to run, so you don’t have to the hassle of any complicated setup.
The camera is slightly higher quality than with the previous options, which is part of why the price is higher for this. Images transmit in 1280 x 1024 HD pixels.
There’s also a 5.8G memory, which is ample enough to capture many more photos and videos in one session.
Unlike the previous two entries, you can also watch and see what the camera sees in real time, paving way for an immersive experience.
You can even connect up to 5 of these subsvia the WiFi at the same time.
The maximum depth this submarine drone can reach is just 3 meters, so it might not be the best option for oceanographers or people wanting to explore deep lakes.
However, it’s a good option for small ponds, shallow parts of lakes, bathtubs, and streams.
You have a maximum control range of 100 meters, so you can really send you sub out far from you.
The submarine uses 2 brushless motors to ensure you get high power without overheating.
The LED spotlights also have a high Lumen rating to penetrate deeper and murkier water.
Mariana prides itself on being a stable sub that lets you take quality underwater videos and still photos.
The submarine has the capacity for a lot of interesting maneuverability and unusual functions.
You might use it while you’re boating, swimming, or participating in other water-based sports.
Also, you can control it and watch the live stream through your cell phone.
Unlike the previous two options, this submarine is powered by a rechargeable Ni-MH battery.
To charge it, all you have to do is open the hull and attach the charging cable.
Also, the exterior is also optimized for ergonomics.
Another thing making this a high-quality purchase is the number of items included in the package.
You get the submarine and its remote control, along with the built-in camera.
Not only that, you also get the charger and Ni-MH battery, along with a toolkit that has all the tools you might commonly need.
You’ll also get a handy instruction manual.
- A good mix of toy features and professional-grade quality for hobbyists
- Comes with a toolkit and instruction manual to make repairs easy
- Ready-to-run straight out of the box
- High-powered LED headlights let you get better quality video
- Control range of up to 100 meters
- Can dive at a depth of up to 3 meters
- Rechargeable battery with charger included
- Camera captures HD photos and videos
- FPV option will stream what your submarine sees in real time
- Greater camera memory capacity than the previous options
- Brushless motors let you use the submarine longer without worrying about overheating
- A fairly expensive option for hobbyists
- Can’t dive deep enough to suit professional oceanographers and deep underwater explorers
- Not suitable for children to use
- Doesn’t include a feeder arm
“Medium Priced Submarine Camera Drone”
This is by far the most expensive submarine camera drone on the list, best used by professionals.
The kit comes with an RC submarine FPV headset to allow real-time streaming and viewing with this remote control submarine with camera.
Because of the number of accessories included, this should be considered a kit rather than just a submarine.
One of the things that make this submarine so impressive is the sheer power of the camera. It can capture videos in 4K HD, a higher quality than any of the previous ones on the list.
In addition, the bundle comes with a base station, a controller, batteries, chargers, and a memory card with a whopping 64 GB capacity.
That’s more than 100 times the memory found in either of the first two entries.
Another part of the package is the FPV goggles, which let you immerse yourself in virtual reality.
They integrate with your smartphone so you can stream 3D video in real time. It makes you feel like you’re a passenger within the submarine – cool right?
There’s a 210-foot tether included in the kit. You also get a PowerSeekerFishfinder, which uses smart technology to find the best fish under the surface.
You also have a bait drop line.
All in all, this is an ideal option for fishermen who want to experience the fishing experience in FPV glory.
It’s also a great option for professionals who need to capture stunning underwater scenes.
The final component of this kit is the carrying case. This wheeled case will help you transport everything compactly and neatly.
It’s built to handle all components of the kit, so it will be easy to transport everything on and off your boat or wherever you choose to use it.
- Kit includes FPV goggles that can integrate with your smartphone
- Includes a 210-foot tether and bait drop line for fishermen
- Comes with a smart technology Fishfinder
- Underwater submarine can transmit video back to you in real time
- Camera captures in 4K HD
- Includes a wireless controller and transmitter
- Comes with all necessary chargers and batteries
- Camera has a 64 GB memory card, so you can take numerous high-quality videos in one session
- Includes a carrying case that lets you enjoy maximum portability
- Kit may have more accessories than you need
- Most expensive option on the list
- Optimized for use by professionals, so amateurs and hobbyists might not get the best value from it
“Expensive and Advanced RC Submarine”
This RC submarine with camera includes some of the best submarine camera specs on the market.
It’s another expensive model, but it’s ideal for professional underwater explorers needing a remote controlled RC option.
This package isn’t as comprehensive as the previous kit, but because of this, it’s only about half the price.
When on the surface the submarine is controlled through an app that can be downloaded to any Android or iOS smartphone.
You’ll also get real time viewing through the camera, so you know where your submarine is at all times.
Once you go underwater you do have to use the included remote and the control distance isn’t as great as when you are on the surface controlling through the app.
The underwater control range is more like an infrared control set up rather than the range of a true RC system.
You can use the app to customize the route and depth that the submarine will dive. The camera automatically creates a recording of this path.
As soon as the submarine returns to the surface, you can view the recording.
Unfortunately, you can’t get a real-time viewing experience underwear with this sub, which considering the price, is a bit of a bummer.
The BIKI submarine is however very manoeuvrable.
You can also adjust the speed, depending on the type of work you are looking to do with it or maybe when you just want to get to a certain location quicker.
Photographs and videos can also be taken from the app.
In addition, you have the option to turn the lights on or off, which might be ideal if you don’t want to scare fish away.
It’s worth noting here, that many other submarine options don’t have an on/off switch for their LED lights.
The submarine is designed to be as convenient to use as possible. It’s portable and has a built-in charging design.
In addition, you’ll get a manual that gives you detailed instructions for operation.
The camera captures in 4K HD video with a 150-degree wide angle lens.
You also have a camera stabilizer, so you can continue taking steady videos even in strong currents.
The maximum depth is 196 feet, making this a good option for professionals and people who need to go deep.
BIKI is unusual in that it’s driven by the tail fin. The design is meant to emulate a real fish rather than a machine, so it blends right in.
There’s also automated obstacle avoidance capabilities, so it doesn’t hit anything in the water.
And the built-in GPS ensures you never lose track of your precious submarine.
As durability goes, this submarine is built with strong components that are resistant to crashes, corrosion, weather, and temperature.
Once again it should be noted that the real-time viewing app can only be used when the submarine is on the surface.
- Maximum depth of 196 feet
- Fast connection and download speed
- Driven by a fishtail, so it swims like a real fish
- Charges with a USB cable within 2 hours
- Takes photos with an image resolution of 16 megapixels
- Captures video in 4K HD
- Allows real-time viewing through the app when on the surface
- Wide-angle lens captures more video than other cameras
- Internal camera memory of 32 GB, so you can capture lots of footage in one go
- Automated balance and obstacle avoidance capabilities
- Route customization capability
- Doesn’t have as many accessories as the previous kit
- Too expensive for most hobbyists
- App only works when the submarine is on the surface
- No real-time viewing when the submarine is under the water
“Remote Control Submarine with Camera in 4K HD”
Final Thoughts on the Best RC Submarine With Camera
When you’re looking for an RC submarine with camera, you’ll need to keep a number of details in mind.
For example, what’s your budget? What are you going to be using the RC submarine for?
You must ask these types of questions beforehand.
Different people have wildly different needs.
However, whether you choose an affordable option or a model aimed at professional-grade FPV adventure, you’re still sure to have a lot of fun with your new RC submarine with camera.