How do you pick out a good nano drone with camera?
With all the options out there buying even a simple nano drone can be intimidating!
And it can feel even more overwhelming if you’re also trying to get the perfect camera drone.
As nano drones are smaller than regular drones, they won’t have all the same stabilization and camera feature options you’d find in a regular-sized drone.
So you really need to do some homework before you buy!
However, don’t worry we’ve got you covered 😊
We’ve broken down the best nano drones with camera according to some specific criteria.
Great Priced Options
Every option on this list is exceptionally affordable.
We’ve gathered some drones with amazing stunt capabilities, some that capture absolutely stunning video, and some that prioritize ease of use.
And believe it or not you can still grab any of these at a great price!
Get the Perfect Drone For Your Needs
Depending on who you’re buying for and what you plan to use the drone for, this list should have a drone that works for you.
If you’re purchasing a drone for kids, you should go with an option that has easy flight features.
One-button take-off and landing makes flight easier, as does an altitude holding system for stable video.
Get the Right Camera Quality
You’ll also want to consider the overall quality of the camera.
Certain cameras can capture in 720P HD, which is one of the highest definitions you can find in a nano drone.
The type of camera you choose depends on what quality video you want.
With that said, here’s our top 5 list comparing the features and performance of each of these affordable nano drones.
NANO DRONE WITH CAMERA
HOW IT LOOKS
OUR OVERALL RATING
|Holy Stone HS220 FPV RC Quadcopter Drone|
|Tenergy TDR Sky Beetle Quadcopter Drone|
|U34W Dragonfly WiFi FPV VR Quadcopter|
|Syma X22W Mini Quadcopter With Camera|
|Cheerwing CW10 Mini Drone for Kids|
This is the first Holy Stone quadcopter with a touch switch, definitely making it a contender for the best mini drone with camera.
It also makes the list for best mini drone with camera thanks to its portability and easy WiFi app controls.
As far as cheap mini and nano drones go, Holy Stone consistently delivers.
This nano drone with camera is similar to a Skeye nano drone, with the mini drone camera offering 720P HD real-time WiFi transmission.
You can use the app to snap photos with the nano drone with camera during your flight and enjoy video views.
There are two main flight modes for this nano drone with camera: folding flight and wing flight.
They’re achieved by spreading or folding the blades. The drone can be connected to your phone with the camera allowing support for FPV flight.
With wing flight mode, functions like 360-degree flips, VR mode , and gravity control can be used.
The foldable flight mode gives a safer and more stable flight experience.
This nano drone with camera can be easily controlled through a variety of functions.
Altitude hold lets you stabilize the drone in one position, while headless modes offer even more stabilization.
The one key starting and landing makes flight safer.
A power alarm goes off with low batteries, and there’s an emergency stop function as well.
It’s rated for 15 minutes of flight time, featuring a transmitter battery that can be shared to provide even longer flight performance.
- Camera transmits in 720P HD in real time
- Can take photos from the ground
- Wing flight comes with cool tricks
- Folding flight provides more stable and reliable experiences
- One-key takeoff and landing
- Altitude hold and headless modes for ideal orientation
- Low battery power alarm and emergency stop functions
- Touch switch
- Battery provides 15 minutes of flight time
- Wing flight is not particularly stable
- Doesn’t have capacity for 1080P HD video
- Not very wind-resistant due to its light construction
“Best Nano Drone with Camera with Multiple Flight Modes “
This easy to fly mini RC drone makes the list for best mini drone with camera.
It’s the best nano drone with camera thanks to its FPV drone app and one-key skeye nano stunt moves.
The drone is specially stabilized to make life easy for beginners.
The auto hovering altitude holding function lets you suspend and stabilize the drone automatically in mid-air, whether or not you’ve let go of the controls.
Take-offs and landings require only one button touch, so it’s a great drone for new pilots and kids.
The special docking transmitter comes with a 2-in-1 transmitter and carrying case.
The portable and small remote control makes your life much easier when you’re traveling.
There are 3 fun one-key stunt moves that can be performed.
These include orbit flying tricks, a tornado spin, and a 360 degree flip. The FPV camera technology comes through integrated apps for iOS and Android.
By using the app, you can see and save your footage right from your phone.
The drone design is built with flexible flying options, including a speed control to adjust it to any pilot’s comfort.
A built-in USB charging port allows for charging to be as simple as charging your smartphone.
You can even charge the drone with your computer.
- Built-in USB charging port
- Speed select options
- Flexible flying options including headless mode stabilization
- Camera transmits footage you can save to your phone
- 3 fun stunt moves
- Integrated transmitter and carrying case for maximum portability
- One key takeoffs and landings
- Camera doesn’t capture in HD
- Not a particularly wind-resistant design
- No options to take photos from the ground
“Mini Drone with Camera with One-Key Stunt Moves”
This is the most expensive camera drone on the list for best mini drone with camera due to its HD camera and one key return landing.
The camera will record footage in 720P HD and relay it to your smartphone app.
Compatible with both iOS and Android, it’s easy to take a selfie or shoot a movie clip.
As far as Force1 drones go, this is one of the best drones for beginners thanks to its 1-button take-off and landing technology.
You can even create customized routes and flight paths.
The design is meant to be more stable than an average RC helicopter made for kids. It’s a great starter drone for pilots of any age.
The altitude holding and headless mode allow for maximum stabilization during FPV flight.
There are also multiple safety features, like a low-battery alarm, an out-of-range alarm, and a sturdy drone quadcopter body.
- Captures video in 720P HD
- Most stable option on the list
- Easy to take selfies or movie clips
- One-key takeoff and landing
- Ability to create custom routes
- Altitude hold and headless mode allow maximum stabilization
- Low-battery alarms and range alarms keep you from losing control
- Sturdy drone body can hold up against potential crashes
- Most expensive option on the list
- Doesn’t have as many stunt capabilities as some other drones
- Camera doesn’t capture in 1080P HD
“Mini Drone with Camera that Captures HD Video”
As far as the best nano drone with camera goes, this is a cheap mini drone with camera that’s great for beginners and kids.
This high performance drone comes with a number of different capabilities.
You can use flight tracking to find out where it’s gone, along with the one-key takeoff and landing for easier flight.
Cool stunts include 360 degree flips, left or right side flying, and swift or “throw out” flight capabilities.
The headless mode also offers ideal stabilization, while you can easily toggle between high and low speeds.
The drone comes equipped with WiFi FPV transmission in real time, letting you view video and photos while flying.
The app is compatible with Android and iOS phones, and the cell phone holder included in the package keeps your phone secure.
Also included are 2 powerful batteries that double the flight time.
The quadcopter can be completely remote controlled through your smartphone app. In addition, the altitude holding feature lets you pick one altitude and stick to it for mid-air hovering and stable flight.
- One of the most economical options on the list
- One key takeoff and landing for easier flight
- High and low speed toggling
- Left or right flight mode capabilities
- Headless mode allows easy orientation in air
- 360 degree flip stunt capabilities
- FPV camera transmission in real time
- Included cell phone holder to keep cell phone secure while using app
- Comes with 2 batteries to double flight time
- Total control through smartphone app
- Altitude hold function includes air pressure sensor to automatically set height
- Not designed for wind resistance
- Camera can’t capture in HD
- Not the most stable flight on the list
“Mini Drone with Camera Designed for Beginners”
This is the best mini drone with camera if you’re on a budget shopping for kids.
This mini drone with camera is the most economical option on the list.
Another part of what makes this a great mini drone with camera is its support for VR headsets.
The integrated app makes it easy to fly the drone without a remote control.
In addition, you can use the Gravity Induction mode to fly the mini drone left, right, forward, and backward to correspond to whatever direction you’ve moved your phone.
The live streaming video feed comes from a WiFi camera that also has support for a VR headset.
With the altitude hold mode, you can have the drone hover at a default height setting, allowing for camera stabilization and much easier photography and videography from the air.
The additional stability makes this a good drone for beginners, kids, and novice users.
Another easy function is the one button takeoff and landing function, which makes the quadcopter take off and hover at certain altitudes or gently land through just one button press.
You don’t need any acquired skills to fly this drone.
The custom flight route mode lets you draw your flight plan on your phone screen, and watch the drone pilot along your given route.
With headless mode, you can fly to any location without worrying about the drone’s direction.
- Cheapest option on the list
- Custom flight route mode lets you draw and plan your routes before takeoff
- One-key takeoff and landing allows for easier flight
- Altitude holding provides stabilization for aerial photography and videography
- Support for VR headsets and FPV flight streaming
- Gravity induction mode lets you fly the drone in multiple directions just by pointing your phone
- App function lets you fly the drone without needing a remote control
- Need to buy VR headsets separately
- Camera doesn’t capture in HD
- Not as many stunt capabilities as some other options
“Great Priced Nano Drone with Camera “
Final Thoughts on Nano Drone with Camera
You don’t need expensive industry-leading options like the DJI Sparks and DJI Mavic when you’re looking for a good nano drone with camera.
For new pilots, beginner drones will do the trick. If you’re looking for ideal stunt capabilities, the Holy Stone and Tenergy drones will be for you.
For the most high-quality video and stabilized flight, you’ll be served best by the Force1 quadcopter.
However, if you’re on a budget, the Cheerwing may be best for you.
For people buying nano drone with camera for kids and other beginners, consider the features of the Syma mini drone.