Many people who want to take aerial selfies find themselves wondering what the cheapest follow me drone is.
A “follow me” drone can lock onto your position and take complex, awesome footage.
All without the need for intricate controlling.
However, just because you want a reasonable price for your follow me drone, you shouldn’t sacrifice important camera features and smart technology for the price tag.
We’ve put together a list of the top 5 best follow me drones, taking into account their transmission range, battery life, price, and camera capabilities.
There’s a drone here for everyone looking for the cheapest follow me drone.
CHEAPEST FOLLOW ME DRONE
HOW IT LOOKS
OUR OVERALL RATING
|JJRC Inkpot H62 RC Mini Drone|
|Hobbytiger H301S Ranger Drone|
|Holy Stone HS100 FPV RC Drone|
|Holy Stone HS700 Drone|
|DJI Spark with Remote Control Combo|
This is the cheapest follow me drone on our list.
With it, you can get access to smart technology features that make it one of the best follow me drones on the market.
This foldable drone that follows you uses the follow me modes to capture selfie footage no matter where you are.
It ensures that you’re kept in frame at all times, allowing for hands-free flying and simple selfies.
The auto follow capabilities make this the cheapest follow me drone due to ease of use.
The drone flies with flow position technology, meaning that it moves according to how you move your hand beneath it.
Pretty awesome right?
Other Great Features
The altitude hold mode also lets you take more stable photography and makes it easier for intermediate pilots to handle.
However, the drone doesn’t come with enough convenient flight features to be a great choice for beginners.
As a drone that follows you cheap, this one also has interesting time lapse camera capabilities, with a 3 second time lapse shooting function.
There’s also a 720P HD camera that captures high quality video along with aerial photos.
Another great photography function is the adjustable lens angle. It is definitely one of the cheapest follow me drones that can capture all your adventures from a birds-eye perspective.
The Gravity Sensor mode lets the user control the drone’s flight through holding and moving their smart phone, which can provide easier control for skilled players.
However, this feature isn’t ideal for people who want an easier flight experience.
The camera can be operated through an app on your smartphone, allowing for real-time transmission of video.
It’s easy to shoot and the footage can be shared across your social media pages!
- Automatic follow me features keep you in the frame at all times
- Cheapest drone with follow me on the list
- Flow position technology lets you move the drone according to how you move your hand
- Altitude hold technology allows for stable photography and videography
- Camera shoots in 720P HD video
- Time lapse shooting gives you 3 seconds of photos capturing a whole scene
- Gravity sensor mode provides a challenge for skilled pilots
- FPV transmission in real time
- May be too difficult for beginners to fly
- Camera doesn’t capture in 1080P HD
- Transmission range is relatively short in comparison to other drones
“Cheapest Drone with Follow Me for Budget”
This is another ideal option for the cheapest follow me drones.
It has a camera that shoots in 720P HD, making this the cheapest follow me drone with HD video transmission over WiFi.
In addition to the following drone capabilities, there’s also an automatic return home function that allows this cheapest follow me drone to return to its starting point if it runs low on battery or drifts out of range.
Meaning your precious drone will stay out of trouble.
The 720P HD camera is optimized and adjustable with a 120-degree field of view lens.
It can capture live videos along with great aerial photography.
Also, real-time viewing is easily accomplished through your Android or iPhone devices.
The included 4GB SD card also lets the camera capture RC drone images and store them for later.
Also, the headless mode makes it easy for the drone to fly in all directions, regardless of the skill level of the user.
Great For Beginners
Also included are one key takeoff and landing procedures, making these drones with follow me feature suitable for beginners and kids.
This follow me drone will automatically capture you and keep you in the frame. It’ll keep you in the spotlight.
Moreover, there’s support for hands-free flying, making it quite easy to take complex shots.
Altitude holding makes these cheapest follow me drones take stabilized photos and videos.
This function also makes the drone easier to fly for both beginners and experts.
Also, the high performance battery and transmission system provide a transmission distance of up to 180 meters.
- Hands-free flying lets you get complex shots
- Altitude holding stabilizes videos and makes flying easier
- One key takeoff and landing features are great for kids and beginners
- Headless mode eliminates problems with orienting the drone
- Camera captures in 720P HD
- Camera has a wide 120-degree angle field of view with adjustable capabilities
- Automatic return to home function kicks in whenever the signal is lost or the battery runs low
- Doesn’t transmit videos in 1080P HD
- Relatively short transmission range of just 180 meters
- May not include all the accessories you want
“Best Follow Me Drones with 720P HD”
This is another option for the cheapest drone with follow me that also shoots in 720P HD.
It’s the best follow me drone if you want comprehensive features and GPS assisted flight.
While this isn’t necessarily a drone that follows you waterproof, it can withstand small splashes as long as you don’t dunk it completely under the water.
The GPS assisted flight is great as it gives you accurate drone positioning details.
This model also comes with a built-in return to home function to allow safer flight. You don’t have to worry about losing or crashing the drone.
Those who experienced that know the pain!
The optimized 720P HD camera has a 120-degree field of view with adjustment capabilities.
Real-time viewing is accessible right from your included remote control. This makes it an ideal cheapest follow me drone that can capture your entire vacation from a birds-eye view.
The follow me drone waterproof capabilities can withstand some small splashes, which means rain will not stop you anymore.
The drone will automatically follow you and capture video wherever your move. You’ll be kept in the frame at all times, which is what matters.
The drone is rated for a flight time of up to 15 minutes, with a control distance of 500 meters.
Honestly, this isn’t the longest transmission distance on the list, but it also isn’t the shortest.
I think 500 meters is long enough to satisfy most selfie drone users.
Also included with the drone are the headless mode for easier piloting, altitude holding for stabilization, and one key takeoff and landing for beginners.
- Built-in return to home function keeps you from losing the drone or crashing it
- 720P HD camera has a 120-degree field of view with adjustable angle
- Follow Me mode automatically keeps you in the frame and captures footage wherever you go
- Control distance of 500 meters
- Maximum flight time of 15 minutes
- Headless mode, one key takeoff, and altitude holding smart functions all make piloting easier
- Quadcopter can be disrupted by strong winds
- Camera doesn’t capture in 1080P HD
- Flight time of up to 15 minutes isn’t as long as some other drones
“Best Follow Me Drones with Smart Functions”
For just a little more money, this Holy Stone drone gives you a camera quality of 1080P HD.
That make these the best follow me drones if you want high quality video.
This cheapest follow me drone is also compatible with GoPro cameras.
However, this isn’t designed to be a waterproof drone that follows you, although GoPro cameras are rated to function underwater at depths of several feet.
So that means the GoPro’s waterproof feature will be wasted with this drone.
This drone has some of the most advanced camera capabilities on the list. See for yourself.
The 1080P HD camera transmits in 5G WiFi, allowing for the crispiest real-time video possible.
Also, the 110-degree field of view allows panoramic views of adjustable angles.
In addition, the drone is rated to transmit in 1080P at distances of up to 1300 feet.
The drone is compatible with GoPro Hero camera models 2 through 6.
The GPS assisted flight allows the drone to return home automatically if the battery is low or the signal drops, so it’s not likely to get lost.
There’s also the capacity for stable hovering, which allows for stable videos and photos.
Also, this drone comes with 20 minutes of maximum flight time, one of the longest flight times on the list.
That means it’ll be some time before you get rudely interrupted by low battery.
The brushless motor rarely breaks down or overheats, because the parts don’t grind against each other.
Moreover, the controls are designed to be simple. You can launch the drone through one key press, lock your altitude, and use headless mode for easy directional control.
This allows you to focus more on your camera and taking complex shots, rather than fumbling with flight control.
- Transmits in WiFi5G at up to 1300 feet
- Camera captures footage in 1080P HD
- 110-degree lens gives panoramic view and adjustable capabilities
- Return to home function ensures you won’t lose the drone
- Long flight time with a maximum of 20 minutes
- Compatible with GoPro Hero 2 through 6
- Can be quickly launched through pressing one key
- Propellers can be attached without any screws
- Altitude locking and headless mode allow for easy piloting and direction control
- One of the more expensive options on the list
- Not a fully waterproof follow me drone
- Doesn’t have as long a range as some other options
“Cheapest Follow Me Drones with GoPro Compatibility”
This is the most expensive one on our list of the cheapest follow me drones, but for good reasons.
DJI consistently puts out great and high-end drone lines like the DJI Phantom and DJI Mavic.
You don’t need a Mavic Pro to access the great parts of DJI technology, though.
The Spark is the cheapest drone with follow me that gives you access to features many professionals use in their work.
This drone comes with the most advanced camera on the list.
You don’t need a DJI Mavic Pro to get the same great video quality this drone offers. The Spark captures videos in 1080P HD and it takes still photos in a stunning 12 megapixels.
Another cool thing is you can control the drone with 30 video gestures.
Also, there are multiple smart technology features integrated with this drone, including obstacle detection and avoidance capabilities that prevent crashes.
You can also track subjects from various angles for more dynamic shots.
The top speed is 31 miles per hour when operated in Sport Mode.
Overall, the drone is rated for up to 16 minutes of flight time.
What’s really impressive, however, is the control range.
The drone will continue transmitting videos in 1080P HD at up to 1.2 miles away. This by far outstrips any other transmission ranges on the list.
- Comes with a standard accessory kit along with remote controller
- Camera captures in 1080P HD at 30 frames per second
- Transmission range of up to 1.2 miles
- Flight time of up to 16 minutes
- Obstacle detection and avoidance functionality
- Camera takes still photos in 12 megapixels
- 31 miles per hour top speed
- DJI Go app makes editing and sharing footage simple
- Most expensive option on the list
- Doesn’t have the longest flight time on the list
- Only 2-axis camera stabilization system
“Cheapest Drone with Follow Me Long Range”
Final Thoughts on The Cheapest Follow Me Drone
When you’re looking for the cheapest follow me drone, you have to consider more than just the base price.
The features you’re actually getting for your money are of course also really important.
If you’re a beginner looking for some average selfie footage to share with your friends, an option under $100 might be best for you.
But if you want the best quality video available, you should consider spending a few hundred dollars for a cheapest follow me drone with better integrated camera and longer flight time like the DJI Spark.