When you’re looking for the best travel drone, you’ll want to take a few factors into account.
First, consider the conditions you’ll be traveling in. For instance, if it is windy, you’ll want a drone that can capture high-quality images even in the wind.
Next, you should consider the type of picture you want.
Are you recording video or taking bursts of photos? How much of quality are you after?
The steadiest cameras have a 3-axis gimbal mount, but some cameras also have additional features.
Professional photographers would want features like aperture control, which allows you to control the light filtering to get the best image possible.
Another important feature to consider is the portability.
And it goes without saying that any travel drone you choose should be easily packed and stored.
Also, if your luggage has a weight limit, you’ll want a lightweight design.
It’s helpful to look for drones that include carrying cases, shoulder bags, or backpacks. Many drones come with accessory bundles that include these.
Generally you’ll want your drone to be easy to fly, unless you like challenges. Most drones will have FPV capabilities through a smartphone app.
The next question you should ask: How durable is the drone?
You’ll want some built-in safety features.
Many drones are capable of sensing when they’re about to collide with another object, which helps prevent unwanted accidents. Other drones have protection systems to keep them intact despite crashes.
We’ve taken all of these factors into account as we compiled our list of top drones.
These are our top 5 best travel drones, most of which include bundles with all the accessories you may need on your trip.
This post, it’s photos and table include links to products on other websites. If you purchase something through these links we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
BEST TRAVEL DONE
HOW IT LOOKS
OUR OVERALL RATING
|DJI Mavic Pro Drone Quadcopter|
|DJI Phantom 4 PRO V2 Drone Quadcopter Bundle Kit|
|DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo Drone Quadcopter|
|DJI Spark Drone Quadcopter Elite Bundle|
|Holy Stone HS160 Shadow FPV RC Drone|
This Mavic Pro drone quadcopter includes a Fly More Kit and makes a good combo bundle.
It’s easily one of the best drones for travel photography, boasting a 20 MP Hasselblad camera. With it you’re able to capture aerial shots in stunning color and in-depth detail.
Also, the 3-axis gimbal setup ensures you get steady videography and camera shots.
The construction of the motor is another aspect that makes this the best travel drone.
Another good thing is the batteries allow up to 31 minutes of flight time, which is more than the majority of drones on the market.
The drone is capable of reaching 44 mph.
If the 8 GB of internal storage is not enough, it can be supplemented with an SD card of up to 128 GB.
The drone is loaded with a lot of other active functions which makes it quite useful.
For instance it can detect objects in every direction, ensuring you never deal with an unexpected collision.
Also, the low-noise design won’t disturb people or animals in the shooting environment.
You can use the hyperlapse setting on the camera for more intense pictures. The adjustable aperture and HDR photos ensure you always get photos that let in the right amount of light, yet another feature that makes this the best drone for travel photography.
The included Mavic Pro accessories means this could be the best drone to travel with.
The Fly More kit includes 2 additional flight batteries, a DJI Mavic car charger with a battery charging hub, a power bank-based adapter for the battery, 2 extra pairs of low-noise propellers, and a Pro Platinums shoulder bag.
- Professional-grade camera captures stunning videos and photos
- Adjustable aperture and HDR photos for professional photographers to get the best lighting conditions
- Up to 31 minutes of flight time with a max speed of 44 mph
- 3-axis gimbal setup ensures steady camera capture
- Multiple additional functions including active tracking, omnidirectional obstacle sensing, hyperlapse, and a low-noise design
- Fly More kit includes all the drone accessories you need for traveling
- Most expensive item on the list
- Best for professional users; casual users won’t need all the included functions
- Doesn’t include as many carrying options as some other DJI drones
“Best Travel Drone Having Comprehensive Drone Accessories”
The Phantom PRO travel drone makes the list of the best drones for travel photography. With a bundle kit and a camera that shoots in 4K, this professional drone could be the best drone to travel with.
The 20 megapixels camera has a 1-inch sensor along with a mechanical shutter.
The sensor is more than four times the size of sensors in many competing drones, another reason this is possibly the best travel drone.
DJI Phantoms all include a variety of incredible features.
The flight autonomy system comes with dual rear vision sensors along with infrared sensing systems, allowing 5 directions of obstacle sensing with 4 obstacle directions of obstacle avoidance.
Also, the mechanical shutter is really valuable as it eliminates rolling shutter distortion, allowing for photos of fast-moving subjects to be taken. You’ll also be glad to know up to 60 FPS can be shot in 4K.
The bundle included in this travel drone package comes with a number of ideal drone accessories.
You’ll get an extra battery, a battery charging hub, a carrying backpack, a 64 GB SD card, a USB SD card reader, a drone care kit, a neck strap for the remote controller, an extension holder designed for large tablets, and a ten-inch USB charging cable for iOS.
These helpful drone accessories are part of what got this into the list for best travel drone.
- Capable of wirelessly connecting to separately available DJI Goggles for stunning FPV view
- Mechanical shutter eliminates the potential for rolling shutter distortion
- 20 megapixels camera includes a huge shutter and shoots in 4K at up to 60 FPS
- Has 5 obstacle sensing directions and 4 obstacle avoiding directions for safe flight
- Bundle includes must-have accessories
- Advanced camera is suited best for videographers; people only interested in photography can make do with a less expensive camera option
- May be difficult for beginners to fly
- Included bundle doesn’t come with as many carrying features as some others
“Best Travel Drone for High-Quality Videos”
Mavic Airs work well as a travel drone, and the additional accessories in this bundle surely help make this DJI Mavic Air the best travel drone on the market.
There will be no blurring thanks to the extremely portable travel drone that has a 3-axis mechanical gimbal that ensures steady capture of flight footage.
It also has a greatly reduced angular vibration range and is equipped with dampeners to ensure steadier shooting, which makes it one of the best drones for travel photography.
The camera shoots in 4K at a maximum of 30 FPS, recording at a speed of 100 Mb per second.
The onboard camera integrates its 1/2.3-inch sensor with a lens that has a focal length between 24 mm and 35 mm, allowing you to shoot high-quality videos and take beautiful photographs.
The drone accessories included in the bundle perhaps make this the best drone to travel with.
You’ll get 4 intelligent flight batteries, 6 propellers, a propeller guard, a remote cable for iPhone, a USB remote and cable, a gimbal protector, a communication cable, a USB adapter, a battery charging hub, a power bank adapter for the battery, a 64 GB SD card, an SD card reader, a landing pad, a micro fiber cleaning cloth, a backpack, a shoulder bag, and a carrying case.
Since it’s so easy to pack everything up, this is the best travel drone with different carrying possibilities offered.
- 3-axis mechanical gimbal, reduced vibration range, and dampeners ensure steady shooting and highly detailed photography
- Highly portable drone; includes a bundle with shoulder bag, carrying case, and backpack
- Capable of shooting in 4K at 30 fps
- Ultra light and portable design makes it great for travel
- Bundle also includes extra batteries
- Camera isn’t as advanced as it can shoot at maximum 30 fps
- Battery life isn’t as long as some other Mavic series drones
- Combo drone may be difficult for beginners to get the hang of
“Best Travel Drone With Multiple Carrying Options”
The DJI Spark Elite Bundle is one of the best travel drone bundles.
This is a mini travel drone that comes with all the signature DJI technology, making it the best drone to travel with if you want a small and compact one.
In ideal flight conditions, this drone offers up to 16 minutes of flight time.
It also has a 2-axis mechanical gimbal for steady shooting, making it one of the best drones for travel photography.
Also, the fast flying speed can reach up to 31 mph.
All of these features are accessible through a simple smartphone integration.
You are required to have iOS 9.0 or later operating system to run the app if you are using iPhone. For Android users, Android 4.4.0 or later is necessary. It’s compatible with a variety of iPhone and Samsung devices.
This is the best travel drone bundle for a relatively low price, with included accessories like a remote controller, a portable charging station including a power adapter, a charging station carrying case, two extra batteries, a 32 GB SD card, an SD card reader, a landing pad kit including a carrying pouch, and a drone care kit to make maintenance easy.
- Mini drone is the lightest and most portable option on the list
- Included bundle has multiple charging options
- 3 batteries included in the bundle
- Remote controlling is simple and intuitive
- Camera captures high definition video and photography
- Includes all the must-have travel photography features without unnecessary extras
- Only has a 2-axis gimbal mount, so it may not be as steady as some other drones
- Requires certain smartphone operating systems to function
- Shorter flight time compared with some other drones
“Budget Friendly Drone for Professional Drone Photography”
This is the best travel drone from Holy Stone, laden with features that make it the best drone to travel with for both beginners and children.
It’s also one of the best drones for travel photography when you’re looking for a budget friendly purchase.
As the least expensive option on our list by far this is definitely your go-to choice if you don’t have hundreds of dollars to invest.
The drone is made with foldable and flexible blades that help make it portable and small, also ensuring you have a safe flight experience.
The provided app allows for easy control after you connect via Wi-Fi to your iOS or Android smartphone.
Users of any level can fly this drone thanks to its one key start and landing features.
The FPV camera can take HD photos and video in 720P. It’s not quite professional grade, but it is relatively high-quality for people on a budget.
Both the videos and images will be stored in your app and the mobile album.
As for the accessories, the drone comes with 2 batteries, 4 spare propellers, 4 drone screws, 4 landing pads, 2 spare controller sticks, 1 phone holder, a USB charger, and a user manual.
- Easy flight features make it the best travel drone for beginners and amateurs
- Most affordable option and the best drone for hobbyists to buy when looking for their first drone
- Gravity Sensor mode lets the drone follow in whatever direction you move your smartphone
- Multiple other functions available for activation through the control app
- Only shoots in 720P, so your picture will be of relatively lower quality than with a different drone
- Bundle doesn’t include a carrying bag or other travel-friendly features
- Lacks wind resistance, so the picture will be shaky in windy conditions
“Best Budget Friendly Travel Drone for All”
What is the Best Travel Drone For You?
One thing you should realize is the best travel drone for you will vary depending on your needs.
If you want professional-grade shooting, you should pay attention to the capabilities of the camera.
For people looking to just have fun, a drone with integrated goggles capability and FPV features is ideal.
Also, for people on a budget, sacrificing camera quality will give you an affordable drone that still captures unforgettable experiences.
Make sure your drone can be conveniently packed for traveling. If you are worried about luggage weight, you would favor portability and a lightweight design.
A drone that meets these needs is the best travel drone for you.