When you look into buying the best drones under 300, the different options available might seem overwhelming.
If this is your first purchase, you probably want to invest in an economical option while you learn the ropes.
If you already know a bit about drones, but you want to add to your collection, looking into low-expense options is a great way to do that!
But how do you determine the best drones under 300 dollars? We’ve put together a list.
The best drones under 300 dollars for you personally will vary depending on your needs. You’ll need to take into account a number of different factors.
Do you want cinematography capabilities?
How professional does the cinematography need to be?
Are you using this for intensive projects, or just as an on-the-side hobby?
What’s your budget?
What flight distances are you planning to undertake, and how long do you need your flights to last?
All of these factors played a role in our list of the best drones under 300.
Our top rated drones under 300 include many of the features you’d find in more expensive models like the Parrot Bebop, 3DR Solos, Hubsan H501S, and MJX Bugs.
BEST DRONES UNDER 300
HOW IT LOOKS
OUR OVERALL RATING
|Holy Stones GPS FPV RC Drone HS100|
|Contixo F20 RC Remote App Controlled Drone|
|Holy Stones HS160 Shadow FPV RC Drone|
|Force1 Drones Camera GPS|
|Holy Stones HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone|
Depending on your needs, the Holy Stone HS 100 navigator may be the best drone with camera under 300.
This quadcopter comes equipped with advanced GPS systems.
An included 720P HD camera can be connected through a simple phone interface.
You’ll get a live video of your drone’s entire journey, with a 90 degree adjustable angle for the camera.
This makes it one of the best drones under 300 for aerial photography and videography.
Also included in the drone is a new “follow me” feature.
This creative technology allows the drone to hover automatically above you. The cameras and features will stay pointed directly at you regardless of the weather conditions.
It’s the best drone under 300 to take aerial photos of you, whether you’re documenting an achievement or just having fun experimenting.
The controls are simple, with a built-in altitude holding function.
This allows you to height lock the drone while still having it fly from side to side.
The drone’s orientation is controlled completely in relation to the pilot, so this is one of the best drones under 300 if you’re looking for aerial photography of yourself.
A new energy-saving battery provides up to 15 minutes of flight time after charging for 3 to 6 hours.
Its Wi-Fi connectivity distance is 150 meters when used outdoors and unobstructed. Meanwhile, the maximum transmission distance of the videography is 500 meters.
This also has one of the best packages included with drones you can buy.
You’ll receive the drone, owner’s manual, battery, charging cable, transmitter, 8G card and card reader, 8 propellers, 2 extra propeller guards, 4 extra propellers, 2 extra landing feet, and 4 sets of additional blade gear.
- Real-time viewing of 720P HD camera
- Video and photography capture with 90 degree camera shifting capability
- Follow Me mode keeps the drone focused on the user
- Upgraded battery design allows flight times of up to 15 minutes
- Transmission control distance of up to 500 meters
- Simple controls make it good for beginners and amateurs
- Many included extras in package to make this one of the best drones for under 300
- Somewhat lengthy charging time lasting from 3 to 6 hours before fully charged
- Camera feed is affected by drone’s shaking during flight
- Windy weather conditions will have a detrimental effect on camera feed
- Won’t capture professional-grade HD video
“Best Drone With Camera Under 300 For Long-Distance Aerial Photography”
The Contixo F20 has a robust set of features that suit all experience levels, making it one of the best drones under 300 with camera.
This 300 dollar drone includes a “Follow Me” feature that allows GPS-locking onto the user. It can also use automatic hovering capabilities and altitude holding.
Takeoff and landing is accomplished through 1 key, and the drone will return to you automatically.
It’s the best drone for 300 if you want an easy flight and incredible video capabilities.
The built-in Wi-Fi camera captures in stunning 1080P HD.
Its system integration allows you to record live video or take photos. All of the videography can be managed through the same free smartphone app that you use to fly the drone.
You can toggle between different camera views, with the main two being the First Person View and Bird’s Eye View.
The 30fps and 5.8G Wi-Fi camera captures stunning video. It does have a somewhat shorter transmission distance than the first camera, transmitting over 300 meters.
One great aspect of this drone is that it comes preassembled, so it’s ready to fly as soon as you unpack it.
The compact and portable design makes this the best drone under 300 with camera for beginners, amateurs, and other people planning to have a good time.
With that said, more intermediate and advanced pilots will have a great time with the associated suite of features.
Also included with the package is a free customized carrying case that allows for safe storage and transportation. This means that you’ll never need to disassemble your drone or uninstall the propellers.
- Follow Me feature allows accurate aerial photography to be done
- 1080P HD camera allows professional-grade video capture
- Automatic hovering and altitude hold features help stabilize camera feed
- Pre-assembled design is compact and ready to fly right out of the box
- Includes its own carrying case, meaning you never have to disassemble it again
- One of the best drones for under 300 to capture stunning video quality
- Maximum flying time of about 15 minutes
- Transmission range only lasts up to 300 meters
- Charging time of about 3 hours
- May not be the best model for beginners just learning about controls
“Best 300 Dollar Drone For Convenience”
The HS160 from Holy Stone is one of the best drones under 300 with camera for portability and affordability.
With one of the lowest prices on this list, this drone is a great investment if you’re on a budget.
The foldable structure includes flexible blades that help the drone fold down compact and portable.
The drone is equipped with a Wi-Fi 720P HD camera, making it one of the best video drones under 300.
Aerial photos and videos can both be taken.
Both the app and mobile album system will be used to store the images.
This same app is used for the control and operation of the drone. All you need to do is download it, connect to Wi-Fi on your phone, and then receive real-time image transmissions from your drone’s adventures.
The package originally includes 2 batteries with an additional bonus battery to support longer flight times.
Also included is a one key starting and landing system, which makes it one of the best drones for under 300 for people of beginning to intermediate skill level.
Since this is the best drone with camera under 300 for people on a budget, it does lack some of the features that you’ll find in more expensive drones.
For example, it doesn’t include wind-resistance features or a follow-me feature.
It also has much shorter transmission ranges, with a transmitter operation of 50 to 70 meters and a WiFi transmission range of about 30 meters.
The battery life will last from 7 to 9 minutes depending on the conditions.
The package comes with the quadcopter and a dustproof bag, the transmitter, 3 batteries for the drone, 4 spare propellers, 2 spare controller sticks, a user manual, a phone holder, and a USB charger.Also included is a screwdriver to help with setup.
- Most economical option for a drone with camera
- Built-in 6-axis gyro allow for easy flight
- Foldable and compact design makes portability easy
- Battery charging time is only about 60 minutes
- Shoots real-time video and photography in beautiful 720P HD
- Wi-Fi transmission range of only 30 meters; transmitter operation range of just 50 to 70 meters
- Flight time lasts only 7 to 9 minutes
- Lacks wind resistance and might lead to lost control if flown in windy conditions
- Lacks a “Follow Me” feature
“Best Drone With Camera Under 300 For A Tight Budget”
The Force1 drone includes a lot of the high-tech quality you’d expect to find in more expensive drones.
It’s one of the best drones under 300 with camera, especially considering its camera shoots in gorgeous 1080P HD quality.
With first-person viewing technology, you’ll see exactly what the drone sees in real time through your smartphone.
This is the best drone with camera under 300 for children and newbies.
Its controls include altitude holding and headless modes that allow stable drone flight, along with 1-key lifting and landing capabilities.
There are also 3 return-home modes to suit your unique needs.
The drone can return home automatically at distances of up to 500 meters.
The brushless motors and electronic speed control allow you to maximize the battery life, so you’ll have longer ranges and flight times.
Also included in the package is a bonus battery, which will let you extend your flight by double the time.
In addition to the extra battery, the package contains the drone, remote controller, UL-certified balance charter, 4 extra propellers, a propeller changing tool, and a user manual.
- Beautiful 1080P HD video capture in real time
- GPS qualities with 3 auto-return functions
- Maximized flight time through electronic speed control and brushless motors
- Altitude holding and headless modes allow stable camera flight
- Best drones under 300 for stable photo and video capture
- Lacks a “Follow Me” feature
- One of the more expensive options on the list
- Doesn’t come with propeller guards (although it does tend to be durable when hitting trees regardless)
“Best Drones Under 300 With Camera For Heavy Weather Conditions”
Another great product from Holy Stone, the HS170 Predator mini drone is one of the best drones under 300 for beginners.
It’s ideal to use for drone training.
And as it clocks in at the cheapest of all the drones on our list by a long way, you may even have money in your budget left over to spring for another one of the best drones under 300 with camera.
This quadcopter unfortunately does not include an integrated camera, but remains a great choice for people who want to fly for non-photography related reasons.
The headless flight system helps to orient the quadcopter’s flight based around the controller, so it’s interesting to fly whether you’re a beginner or an expert.
Instead of connecting to your smartphone or giving Wi-Fi capabilities, it uses a 6-channel radio and low-interference 2.4 GHz technology.
A feature that makes this one of the best drones for under 300 is the 6-axis gyro stabilization system.
This allows there to be effortless recovery after sudden moves and stunts.
It’s also wind-resistant, with a control range of 30 to 50 meters.
The battery life lasts from 6 to 8 minutes, so you’ll probably want extra batteries on hand.
Because this quadcopter weighs less than 0.55 pounds, you’re not legally required to register it with the FAA.
The package includes the quadcopter, remote controller, battery, 4 additional blades, a charge, and a user manual.
- Most inexpensive option on our list
- Light enough not to require FAA registration
- Best drones under 300 for hobbyists and beginners learning controls
- 6-axis stabilization system allows the drone to automatically right itself after being put through intense maneuvers
- Charging time of only 45 to 60 minutes
- Lacks a camera, and is therefore unsuitable for aerial photographers and videographers
- Uses a remote control; no Wi-Fi capabilities or smartphone integration available
- Control range is only about 30 to 50 meters
- Flight time of only about 6 to 8 minutes
“Best Drones For Under 300 For Beginners and Training”
Best Drones Under 300 – Grab a Bargain Today!
The best drones under 300 dollars will give you stable flight, ideal integrated technological features, and easy handling.
As long as you have a good idea of the features that are most important to you in your new drone, you should have no trouble finding an ideal candidate from our list of the best drones under 300.